There are presently no open calls for submissions.
WomenHeart is continually working to shift our efforts to respond to the ever-changing situation with the COVID-19 pandemic while remaining committed to supporting women living with or at risk of heart disease. In that context, we recognize the need to provide enhanced training to current WomenHeart Champions.
We are excited to announce that the 2021 WomenHeart Champion Refresher registration will open on September 1st, 2021, with course modules becoming available online on September 15th. This "refresher" training - open to all current Champions - will offer scientific content on heart disease and information to support, educate, and advocate for women living with or at risk of heart disease, including how to navigate in the virtual space.
The refresher training will include information on:
- Understanding heart disease diagnoses, devices, and treatment.
- Providing patient support via peer-led support meetings, both in-person and virtual, and 1:1 peer support to women heart patients.
- Serving as community educators
- Representing WomenHeart as national spokespersons
- Advocating for policies and practices in support of women heart patients through our Advocacy Corps.
- Utilizing all materials developed and published by WomenHeart
Champions will complete the courses on their own schedules, using WomenHeart's online learning platform, and receive badges once you complete each training course. The training will include recorded educational modules and live sessions with WomenHeart's Science and Leadership Medical Director, Dr. Sharonne Hayes, and cardiologists from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.